Monday, July 27, 2015

Interesting Golf Points

Over the last number of years I have "played on words" with my hubs about his favorite activity, golf. I like to rag him when he purchases golf balls and even when he considers a new club. Heavens to Betsy if he considers a new set of golf clubs. That's "fresh meat" for me!!!             POINT #1:  Clubs are made with good material so why must you need to purchase a new set ever so often. They don't wear out, do they?

So let's move on to another issue with golf clubs. Saturday evening hubby decided that it would be a good idea to clean his golf clubs because it had been a while since he had done this task. POINT #2:  Ok now...you're going to go back outside soon & hit the dirt/ball again with said clubs so why clean to a shine.

He had all of them out in front of him on the floor.  Yes...there are eleven clubs. POINT #3: How many clubs do you need to hit 1 ball? Aren't they the same?

Well, if you look closely there is a difference...there are 9 clubs the same and 1 is different.

Just in case...here's a close-up of a few of them. Some have red markings & one has none.

Now if you believe that's the only difference in the clubs, you'll be even more surprised to find out that there is another difference. The clubs are marked individually with a number or other mark. See for yourself.....

AND...another surprise...some are "bent" more on the end than others. Club info overload. 

Now let's turn our focus to the little white or yellow or orange ball. I wonder if there are more colored balls out there. Oh my gosh.....LOOK!!! All different colors.

For a good day of golf you make sure you have plenty of golf balls. What????? POINT #4: How many does a golfer need on play day?

ANSWER:  A lot.

REASON #1: They get lost.

REASON #2:  They get wet.

and REASON #3: You just leave it alone.

I think I'll just let hubby have his fun playing golf, and I'll just keep acting a bit confused. POINT #5: I have Saturday mornings all to myself.