Friday, June 19, 2015

Payton & Kinley

Thursday, Glenn & I had 2 overnight guests. 
Our great niece & nephew spent the night with us.

Our evening began at one of our favorite restaurants...Rodeos.
The kids love this place too.

Seeing my bike in the garage, they started in on wanting to go riding in the neighborhood. So I stole over to my neighbor's garage & got her bike so that both of the kids could ride together. I even rode a little with them. Kinley sat on the back wheel rim of my bike as I steered down the street with Payton by my side.

They were loving it.

They wanted to ride a bit more so I took them on my "walking route" with the bikes. As we crossed the main road & approached the next street, Kinley asked to steer the bike herself. I began walking as they rode.
 


They were having so much fun.

As the sun began to set, we headed back towards my neighborhood so they could ride a little more just on my street.

Night quickly comes & they are now in the house where they are ready to watch a movie or play a game. We settled on Phase Ten & played until midnight.  (Glenn had gone to bed as he had to work the next day.)

VBS~MBC
Last day for the children & youth of our church. 
Payton & Kinley are both in the youth department 
helping with VBS. I had them up &
 ready to go to the church by 7:40 this morning.

After VBS & Kinley's musical practice we headed back to my house where we finished our Phase Ten game from the night before. Then we began another round of Phase Ten as I began our supper.

Supper for the evening was going to be hot dogs w/chili & homemade hash potatoes...potatoes my dad loved to cook for his kids.

With our supper finished the kids wanted to finish our Phase Ten game. Then it was back to the roads with the bikes. They rode bikes for almost 50 minutes.



Having these two with us 
for the past twenty-four hours 
has been a fun adventure.