Wednesday, June 17, 2015


My walking buddy was not in town today so I opted for the bicycle this morning to get my exercise. It has been a while since we've biked. I biked the walking trail that we walk every morning, and it is quite different riding than walking. Thankfully the ride breeze kept me from being so hot.

Hubby plans to edge & cut the yard 
when he gets off work. 

The back yard had a lot of shade spots & some breezes blowing this morning after my bike ride so I decided to cut the back yard for hubby to help him out. Also got the flower beds & garden weeded and those violet looking plants pulled that were crowding out my iron plants. I cut my loropetalum trees way back so they could branch out new. Whew!!! These days are registering in the high 90's, and it's HOT!!!!!

my tomato & bell pepper garden

I spent the whole day working in the yard with several breaks during the day. In the afternoon I spent an hour on the living area floor under the fan watching TV.

Last of my work for the day was checking the flower beds in the front yard as well as getting started on cutting the grass for hubs. My flower beds look great and pretty much weedless because I spend time every three years removing mulch & laying down newspaper as a weed guard. AND IT WORKS Y'ALL!!!

Hubby was happy to know 
that the back & side yards had been cut.

Now who wants to go on a journey.................