Tuesday, March 10, 2015

my senses

The greatest gift of the garden
is the restoration of the five senses.
~Hanna Rion~

Gentle, cool breezes mixed in with an abundance of sunshine paved my day for working in the yard. 

SIGHT...
looked around the back yard & 
planned what to do 

Plan/Accomplishment:  worked the flower beds, bagged the clippings, cut the grass, hauled bags to the road. 

TASTE...
no outside yard food today

Plan/Accomplishment: so as I work in the yards there are times dirt/grass/bugs "jump" in my mouth... kept my mouth closed at the right times today.

TOUCH...
to feel the earth's treasures

Plan/Accomplishment: worked my hands, even though they were in gloves, in the dirt. I do get dirt in the gloves...go figure.

SMELL...
to breathe in the turned-over dirt, 
freshly cut grass &
even that stinkin' ol, massive redtop tree

Plan/Accomplishment: I love, love to smell the earth as I am working in the yards. It's amazing how the smell of different yard tasks tickle your sense of smell. (My fav smell is "after a rain" ahhhhhhhhh... doesn't get any better...a washing of his garden we tend.)

HEARING...
 birds chirping, squirrels scampering,
neighborhood lawnmowers,
inside voice tips from dad,
my singing

Plan/Accomplishment:  Yep! There was singing & a little conversation with my dad. I also enjoyed hearing the sounds of other neighbors working in their yards tending God's garden.

backyard flower beds

backyard

three bradford pear trees in full bloom

a tree full of snow white blooms

I am tired but it's a good tired. 
"Life's a garden. Dig it!"