Saturday, December 6, 2014

Bonded In Love Cheer

On December 4th twenty Bonded in Love Sunday School ladies met to fellowship, eat & have a little "Santa Swap" Christmas fun. Sue Lee & Peggy Johnson heads up our social activities. Our tables for this year were decorated by Charlotte McKnight who did a wonderful job. I provided games for us. We had such a great time.

As the ladies arrived greeters gathered their food dishes & swap gifts so they could participate in 2 fun little ice breaker games..."Guess How Many?" and "Find Your Elf Name". I was "Jolly Garland". Vera Peacock won the guessing game with the number "45". The correct answer was "44".

As always there was so much delicious food. With ham as the meat we all brought foods to compliment. From broccoli casserole, cranberry salad, macaroni salad, peas..........oh I can't remember all the foods but I can remember how "stuffed" I was. Yummy!!! And then I remembered there were desserts...cheesecakes, peppermint chocolate cookies, pecan pie, cupcakes...so much! Again, yummy!


.....having lots of fun! 

As some of us were finishing our desserts, we began our first game. I let all of them know how much I love to play games and how strict I really was. (I think I was too strict with our first game...next time I'll give another minute or two...hahaha!) They were unscrambling Christmas words. Dee & Lynda had the same number of correct guesses. Choosing a number between 1 & 10...........Dee won the gift basket of goodies. Our next game was a Q & A with Gloria M. as the winner. Fun, fun, fun!!!

Now for the "Santa Swap". I chose a different kind of swap for this year (compliments of Dee from some years ago @ a party I attended in her home.) The game details were quite specific... "swap with # 2", "swap with #2 then #5", and so on and on. It was very different from the previous years of swapping but all in all, we had fun.

The rest of our evening was spent talking and just having a whole lot of fun! 

Our class has a special bond with one another. Our Sunday mornings are wonderful as we meet, share our lives and study God's Word together.