Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Bennettsville.....

.....small town, Bville, Patterson, Country, my hometown..... still a long drive.


Tuesday before Thanksgiving we arrived safely. This year was a little different as Garrett & Hannah had already been visiting with mom. They arrived on Friday the 21st.

We settled in & spent some time catching up with what they had been doing these past few days. Garrett & Hannah were leaving the next morning as she was scheduled to work on Thanksgiving Day & Black Friday.

My family helped me & Garrett with a "SURPRISE BIRTHDAY PARTY" for Hannah on the night Glenn & I arrived. Her birthday was Sunday the 23rd.

Susan prepared all the pick-up foods, Frank purchased the drinks & paper products and Tammy purchased a homemade chocolate cake. Their spouses were a big help too. Hannah had no clue so the party was a success.

The pick-up foods were some of her favorites.

After eating, some of us gathered around to play Guesstures. It was a lot of fun, and yes we were a little bit silly.

Garrett & Hannah left Wednesday morning for Alabama. Susan & I did a little bit of last minute grocery shopping, and Glenn spent time watching movies on tv. Later that afternoon Susan needed to go over to Cheraw so I rode with her. That night I made my cranberry salad & apple salad for the next day.

Thanksgiving Day.....cooked my butterbeans, green beans, and baked my pineapple-cheese dish. I am ready.

Everyone began arriving with all of their Thanksgiving dishes. The table & counters were full of delicious looking foods. There were 21 in attendance. Our afternoon was filled with outside walks by some, conversations, and tv watching. Several had to leave for other festivities with other loved ones.


The Reeds, FATS & Franklins gathered Friday night @ mom's house. Frank cooked burgers & hot dogs on the grill. Some spade card playing by some, tv watching by others and Susan & I went to visit my Aunt Mildred who had just moved into a new home.

One of mom's friends fell over the holidays from a step-ladder and was in the hospital so she & I visited her on Saturday morning. We left Laurinburg after our visit & a quick trip to Walmart. We had a bite to eat at home before we got back in the car & headed over to Rockingham to my favorite store...Ollie's.

My birthday balloons traveled to SC too to help celebrate Hannah's BD. They flew away Saturday afternoon with a little help.

That night the Reeds & Morrells came over to watch the Auburn-Alabama game with us. We had a great time together eating, talking & watching the game. It was a late night.

Our early morning get-away was smooth, and the weather began warming up as we made our way back to Alabama. Lots of memories made each time we visit South Carolina.

No comments: