Thursday, November 13, 2014

Tuesday was a celebration day. My dear SIL planned a whole day of adventure celebrating the "Decades" of my life.

Two of my favorite childhood toys were a sock monkey (Monk-Monk) and A Mrs. Beasley doll.
 
My first Decade Love Gift was a "laughing Monk-Monk" which represented my childhood years. He is just adorable.

We began our day by traveling & searching for Peanut Art Sculptures around the Wiregrass area. Some time ago we had discussed how interesting it would be to locate the sculptures and take pictures of them. Some of the sculptures were being repaired or were stored away. We did see a good many today but not all that were in the area.








My next Decade Love Gift was a frog ornament that represented my teenage years. There is a store at PCB, Peace Frogs, that I love to visit. Their music takes me back to those years. Loved my wild & crazy teen years. I better stop before I spill beans. (heehee)

The next Decade Love Gift represented my life changing as I married into the Franklin Family. Moving to a new city was scary but my hubby was with me. What also made my move smooth was his sister who welcomed me totally with open arms. We are sisters-in-love. Look at my new family name initial pendant.

By this time we had found & photographed many of the peanut sculptures. We were on our way to view the peanut at Basketcase  & decided we would grab a bite to eat there as well. As we walked through the main road entrance into the restaurant, there they were...my girlfriends...sitting at a table saying "Happy Birthday" to me.

My SIL invited the girlfriends to meet us for a lunch celebration that represented the next Decade Love Gift. This decade was girlfriends & our relationships as good friends. 

These girlfriends are so special to me. Each one offers unconditional love, support, encouragement, laughter, prayers.................and so on. I am so blessed to have their friendship.



The table was decorated with balloons tied to three small pumpkins. I lunched on chicken salad & fruit with a cranberry  muffin. My SIL also had one of my favorite cakes...Raspberry Elegance. Yum!


As we all said our goodbyes, my SIL & I began searching for more peanut sculptures.

With the next Decade Love Gift our battle as arch enemies was revealed. She is an Alabama Fan & I am an Auburn Fan. Love my Ginger Snap ring. (It looks red but is really orange.)

We had a few more stops to make to take peanut pictures before my next decade gift. 

To start this new decade I will soon begin, my Decade Love Gift was an afternoon movie representing future movie dates with grandchildren. My movie choice was "Best of Me". Nicholas Sparks had written the book. It was such a good movie...tears & all. His books are great!

This day was a lot of fun...a memory making day.

Now if you were keeping up with the Decade Love Gifts you might realize how old I will be Friday. I am so thankful for this wonderful life that I have...trials & joys included.

Hubby & I will be leaving this evening for a few days at the beach.

Looking forward to my next Decade.



2 comments:

Glenda Forrest said...

You make it so easy to love you girlfriend! Enjoyed!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful summary!! Ditto what Glenda said. Ya'll have a great time at the beach!! Love ya, Gloria