Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Dear Dad,

I miss you. Not a day goes by that I don't have some sort of thought of you. From the small whispers of encouragement to the how-to-instructions I remember it all so clear. Thank you. Thank you for taking time to teach me.

You impact my days thru my memories. I especially love working outside in the yard and hearing your voice inside me...kinda like you're right there working alongside me. I'm even able to "figure" tasks with the knowledge you taught me. Sometimes it's quite scary to me & Glenn...we remember the "washing machine" incident. HA!

I'm loving my retirement as you said I would, and I'm keeping busy just like you always did. I fully understand your term "piddling". I do it every day.

Our family has grown to include a daughter-in-law. You and she would have been good friends...I just know it. You would have been so proud of Garrett on his wedding day. I can just see you & him together side by side in a picture "cutting the fool"...perhaps doing the Brightsville Shuffle? 

Oh the memories!

I miss you.

Love,

Mel